Weekend in the English Lake District
Sat 10th – Tues 13th Feb 2018
We came, we walked, it conquered...
• Mountain Walking
• Low level walking
• Time for reflection
Last Year, we did all of these things. Sometimes it was brutal, other times beautiful, but that's the Lakes for you! (see the pictures)
Fit4Life’s mantra is that we are only truly fit when we take care of our physical and spiritual well-being and so we wanted to provide an opportunity for these aspects of our lives to receive some attention!
We were free, within the restraints of common sense and safety to do our own thing but we also organised High and Low level walks on each day and a talk on the Sunday evening
A typical day was as follows:
8.30 Head for the start location
9.00 – 5:00 full day’s walking with maybe a stop-over on the way back to a Hostel for refreshment!
7:00 Evening Meal
What’s will it cost?
Approximately £200 each inclusive of:
• Hostel style accommodation
• Transport & Fuel (volunteers required to offer the use of vehicles)
• 3 simple breakfasts
• 3 evening meals (one in a pub/restaurant)
• Basic stuff for 2 packed lunches (bring your own for Saturday)
• You may choose to supplement pack lunch with your own delicacies
Additional costs as follows:
• Equipment depending on activities undertaken.
Good mountain boots/crampons/ice axe/ etc. are essential if there is any snow.
Some hire or loan kit may be available by prior request
We have made a kit list of some of the things you should have depending on your chosen walks
• Breakfast on the journey up – take your own or buy at the motorway stop
• Expenses in local tea shops/pubs etc.
• Extra nights beyond the 17th Feb if you want to stay on, depending on demand
If you would be interested click here to let us know or
Email: email@example.com or contact:
Mobile: 07714 333315
Telephone: 01306 883820
Mobile: 07580 634716
Telephone: 01306 644891